Back
Summerhill Fire Prompts Reminder About Heating System Maintenance
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Summerhill Fire Prompts Reminder About Heating System Maintenance
With heating season in full swing property owners are reminded to have their heating systems cleaned and checked by a professional.

The reminder follows a fire in Summerhill Saturday night, a malfunctioning oil furnace is believed to have caused the fire which destroyed a large storage building that housed a camper, motorcycle, and two tractors. No injuries were reported.
 
Local fire officials remind everyone about the use of alternative heating sources, especially wood stoves. You need have your chimney cleaned and inspected annually. Never burn wet wood as it can create large amounts of soot and lead to a chimney fire.
 
Also if you’re using space heaters make sure they are clear of any flammables like drapes and blankets.
 
Remember to have working smoke detectors in your house, and a reminder that New York State law requires all homes to have at least one working carbon monoxide detector, its recommend you have one on each level of the home where bedrooms are located.
 
Looking ahead, as you decorate your home for the holidays, be mindful of candles and keep your Christmas tree from drying out as it becomes a fire hazard.
Internet Explorer Users Click Here To See What's On-Air
LISTEN LIVE
ON-DEMAND
Advertise
Contest Rules
Contact Us
Copyright 2014. Eves Broadcasting Inc.
Site Designed and Maintained by MME
Local News
Submit A News Photo Or Video
Help us out! If you see news take a picture and or video and submit it here!
'Like' Us On Facebook
Music News
On-Air Now
Listen Live With Our App